Sunday, June 18, 2006

Emmy, consider this...

Although I know no one out there in cosmic universe really reads my blog I still owe it to myself an avid TV fan and critic to give my 2 cents. So here goes nothing.

Emmy nods are coming up and with that usually comes the same ole people nominated (Desperate Housewives Cast~ ack) and the same ole people forgotten about (Lauren Graham~ Gilmore Girls). I'm still hoping for the Academy to realize what idiots they were for not nominating Sarah Michelle Gellar (yes AKA Buffy Summers from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", the TV show inspired by the movie which yes, had Luke Perry from Beverly Hills 90210) and giving her an Emmy. She deserved it for superb acting in the amazing episode The Body, where Buffy comes home to find her mother dead on the couch. Netflix it Season 5, Episode 16, you'll thank me later. Or if the head honchos missed that one they could also check out The Gift, (Season 5, Episode 22) where Buffy has to save the world...again (its a long story). You might as well just Netflix Season 1, 2 & 5. If not because of my recommendations than at least to see the British guy from those continuing Folgers Coffee commercials playing Buffy's watcher Giles.

Moving on...quickly I promise.

So here's my take on who the Academy should finally recognize with a damn nomination!

Drama Series

Hold the comments until the end about how I didn't put The Sopranos up there.

Comedy Series

Lead Actor, Drama

Lead Actress, Drama

Lead Actor, Comedy

Lead Actress, Comedy

Supporting Actor, Drama

Supporting Actress, Drama

Supporting Actor, Comedy

Supporting Actress, Comedy

Wooh and that's it. I had to cut down on my reasoning. If you're really curious just ask. If you have any picks post yours in the comments. Hopefully someone from the Academy or some magazine will accidentally come across my blog and see the light.


Comments:
Excellent choices. Of the shows I watch, I couldn't agree more. Of course Kristin Bell. Of course. And props for chosing Ellen Pompeo--I'm a fan of both the actress (check out Moonlight Mile) AND the character. Many rabid GA fans really say nasty things about Meredith, and sometimes I feel like The Cheese Stands Alone when I say I like her. She isn't necessarily like-ABLE, but I like her.

To add to the list...I know that the West Wing went seriously downhill since Sorkin left, but there's something about the final season that seems to deserve a nod, and the final 6 or so episodes of the series really did pull up from the nosedive. Perhaps it doesn't deserve a nomination in the best drama catagory, but certainly many of the actors are worth a look.

I think that Bradley Whitford ALWAYS deserves an Emmy, as does John Spencer (and not just for sentimental reasons). I think that Janel Maloney as Donna REALLY deserves a nomination. Not only does she play the character effortlessly with a kind of engaged ease rarely seen in slightly supporting roles in ensemble casts, but also her character has undergone some bizarre and John Wells-inflicted weirdness, and Janel has made these transitions work in ways that defy logic.

So give the girl her award.
 
i like these choices too. who am i most excited about? house of course because he rules and the final episode of the season was intense. right on with all the GG picks--i think it's lorelai's year.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]