Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Upgrade...Downgrade
Music Videos
- MTV, BET (Black Embaressing Television) get rid of Bubba Sparxx video Ms. New Fat Booty. Really its just awful. Start rotating fine Robin Thicke. Who could think Alan Thicke from Growing Pains could produce such a cutie.
If you haven't heard his new hot jam" Wanna Love U Girl" check out his website: Robin Thicke. You might remember when he had the long hair and was singing "When I Get You Alone" riding that bicycle throughout NYC streets back in the day. J Records: Release his album please!!
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers are back!! There new song "Dani California" is really good. And I'm not just saying that because of the name. But I definitely seeing it blowing up come this summer. Staying with their signature sound of trippy, feel good music. Anthony Kedis continues with his rap-singing style, while Flea rocks it on the guitar. Near the end he has this awesome solo guitar riff. Strum away on that air guitar, don't be ashamed. The video is kinda trippy but nowhere like their "Give It Away" video. Anthony Kedis all dressed in silver in the desert - crazy. Check "Dani California" out on MTV's overdrive.
- Mariah Carey- "Say Somethin" (Feat. Snoop & Pharrell) I have to give Mariah her props. Every video she goes all out and manages to get a fine man in her video. I could have lived without her being half naked in all of them. But unfortuantely sex and nudity sells in the biz. I'd like to give a standing O to Pharrell for looking nice and proper. Its hard to see and remember that Pharrell is a grown man because he tends to dress like a 12 year old boy (shorts, sneaks, big shirts). But here he was sleek, in the fitting slacks, v-neck sweater, or black button down shirt and aviator shades. (Cue the applause). What I would give to be driving around in a Bently in Paris with Pharrell's hands on my legs. All you young men out there who are wearing the nightgowns with the XXXXL jeans, un-tied shoes, and the do-rags. Take some notes and read the memo from Pharrell as well as Jay Z. That is how you should dress. Its feasible.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
