Friday, April 14, 2006
All By Myself

Supernatural
Am I the only one who watches this show...and really enjoys it? Okay I'll admit, its not what I'd call realistic television. But come on like there's really a perfect family with a minster for a father, which allows their children's ex boyfriend and girlfriends to live with them... Didn't think so. Supernatural is like The X-Files meets Young Sherlock Homes execpt present day. It takes all the myths, fables, nightmares, heresays - the "unknowns" we grew up with and says "Why can't they be real?" Than again Paris Hilton, Tori Spelling and Nicole Richie all have television shows so I guess anything's possible. But I digress.
This show is witty, funny, scary, dramatic and suspensful. Oh and it doesn't hurt to have two hotties as the main characters; Jared Padalecki (Sam) - AKA (Might remember him from Gilmore Girls, Rory's first love) and Jensen Ackles (Dean) (Might remember him as Lana's boyfriend from Smallville as well as Sami's brother on Days of Our Lives). Special contract with The WB boys? Oh I'm sorry I meant CW.
Dean - chip on the shoulder, cold exterior shielding the soft interior, flirt, protective of Sam (baby bro), devoted to family and Dad. Sam - smart, single gal guy, escape his family/past, sensitve, beginning to learn the importance of family. Although they look nothing alike I can totally buy them as brothers bc of their amazing chemistry. Macho bit banter, blunt tell it like it is, making fun - my words don't do it justice. Not to mention who's playing their Dad, AKA Denny from Grey's Anatomy, oh and the dead husband from Weeds. Boy does he get around? Lol.
70's heavy rock is often heard throughout the show along with a dark color scheme (blues, blacks, grey tones) adds to the mysterious theme. Short intro, no theme song, nothing - it just gets straight to the point. The other plus is that each hunt doesn't correlate to the next one. In other words, if you missed an episode you won't feel completely lost or behind. This isn't 24 or LOST.
There's only 4 more episodes left, so if you don't feel like getting too attached or don't mind a little fling - Thursday's, 9pm on WB. (Otherwise there's always youtube AKA: TV addicts pleasure and pain). I know you're getting tired of Ryan and Marissa going back and forth. So TIVO The Office (another great Thursday nite show) and watch 2 hotties try to save the world from demons and spirits and ghosts - oh my!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
